Thursday, September 15, 2011

Up to?

Who me? Up to something?  Never!

No really, want to know what I have been up to lately?

1. Husband in hospital:  Yep, for four days.  He was only having testing done, but it was four days I was without another adult person around the house.  My only companions at home were small children, until bed time, then I would watch really bad television and wish I had some one to talk to.  Waah!  But really it wasn't so awful, and he is home now.  For now.  He is having surgery sometime in the next few months, and then he will be away for maybe a week or longer.

Daddy is Home!

2. Kids started school: YAY!  Seriously, I love my kids, and at the end of the school year I can't wait for them to get out of school so we can hang out and do fun stuff together.  By the end of summer I am SO ready for them to be in school so they can stop, eating all the food I buy in one day, telling me how bored they are, watching insane amounts of obnoxious tv, rolling their eyes when I tell them to turn off the tv and read or do something, just generally being around to remind me of all my shortcomings.

This year we have, Maddie in 5th grade, Katy in 1st grade, and Ally started preschool.  They were extremely precious on the first day of school, and I was extremely proud of being able to get them to school on time and with very nutritious lunches, and with their entire supply list bought.



3. ME starting school: Go me!  I am going back to school, on-line, through University of Phoenix, to get my BA in Elementary Education.  I start October 1st.  I am SO psyched!

4. I am going to start reading: The Book Thief.  I love historical fiction and saw this book recommended on a Better World Books post on FB.  I will keep you posted.



5. I need a new iPhone case: mine looks like it was gnawed on by badgers.  I downloaded a couple of iPhone games for my kids the last week of summer (see number 2 if you are wondering why).  They are actually really cool learning games that they enjoy playing, but while they were playing, the decided to also fiddle with my already delicate iPhone case.  I tried gluing the top layer back onto the hard case part, but it was all stretched out and the corners wouldn't stay and I only succeeded in getting glue all over me.  So now I need a new one.

My friend at My Life With Pie just posted about this same thing and found a really cool one with Beaker on it.  Not sure I can pull that off, but I do want something that reflects me.  Any suggestions?

6. I have been watching a few shows in Netflix and Hulu: Parks and Recreation, Glee.  Parks and Rec is so hysterical.  I love Glee also because I am a band nerd from the old school!

What are you guys up to?










No comments: